- scope of application
The protection of data and the customer's privacy (hereinafter "customer" for the sake of simplicity) are important to SNOWFLAKE Lifestyle AG, Hangenmoosstrasse 8, CH-8820 Wädenswil, (hereinafter "SNOWFLAKE"). With this data protection declaration, which applies to all business activities of SNOWFLAKE, we provide you with comprehensive information on how SNOWFLAKE uses data that you make available when using the https://www.mysnowflake.ch website. You can decide at any time whether you want your personal data to be processed.
Both historical and future data are collected. If you agree to the processing, not only future data, but also historical data already stored by us will be processed.
When we talk about the processing of personal data in this data protection declaration, we mean any handling of personal data, including, for example, the collection, storage, management, use, transmission, disclosure or deletion of your personal data.
In the event of contradictions between this data protection declaration and other contractual or business terms and conditions, the provisions of the data protection declaration take precedence.
- Why are personal data collected and processed?
We collect and store data that is necessary to provide better customer service.
- When is personal data collected?
We collect your personal data every time we have contact with you. The situations in which we have contact with you vary. For example, we collect your personal data under the following circumstances:
- You visit our online shop or our retail store;
- You purchase a product in our online shop or in our retail shop;
- You use our customer service;
- You receive a newsletter or other advertising about our goods and services;
- You take part in a competition or a sweepstakes;
- You take part in one of our market research campaigns or opinion polls;
- You use or communicate with us or third parties through our website;
- You communicate with us via telephone, fax, e-mail, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging;
- You get in contact with us on special occasions, advertising events, sponsoring occasions or other events.
- What personal data do we collect?
It depends on the individual case which personal data is collected. On the one hand, we collect data that you provide to us, and on the other hand, we collect data that is automatically or manually recorded when you contact us. For example, we collect the following data:
- Name and first name;
- Birthday and age;
- Home address;
- Shopping habits;
- Information on purchasing power;
- Customer and shopping preferences;
- Delivery address;
- Billing address;
- Credit card and banking information;
- Language preferences;
- Telephone number (s);
- Email address);
- Information on subscribed newsletters or other advertising;
- Information about the online customer account (e.g. opening date, user name)
Customer activity data
- Contract data (e.g. contract date, contract type, content of contract; contractual partner; contract term; contract value; claims asserted from the contract);
- Shopping information (e.g. date of purchase; place of purchase; time of purchase; type, quantity and value of goods and services purchased; shopping cart; abandoned shopping cart; means of payment used; paying agent; purchase history);
- Customer information (e.g. returns of goods, complaints, warranty cases, delivery information);
- Session data relating to visits to our website (e.g. duration and frequency of visits, language settings, information about browser and computer operating system, internet protocol addresses, search terms and search results; ratings submitted);
- Location-related data when using mobile devices;
- Communication via telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging.
- Who is the owner of the data collection?
The owner of the data collection is SNOWFLAKE Lifestyle AG, Hangenmoosstrasse 8, CH-8820 Wädenswil.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be kept by us for as long as we consider necessary or appropriate to comply with the applicable laws or for as long as they are necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
We delete the data as soon as it is no longer needed. In any case after the statutory maximum retention period has expired or at the request of the customer.
- How do we protect your personal data?
We have technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your data from unauthorized and unlawful access. We draw your attention to the fact that the transmission of information via the Internet and other electronic means involves certain security risks and that we cannot guarantee the security of the information that is transmitted to us in this way.
- Who will the data be passed on to?
Insofar as this is essential for processing the order, data will be passed on to trading partners (such as post offices, logistics companies, credit card companies, credit checks). SNOWFLAKE is entitled to use customer data for company-specific communications or the like.
SNOWFLAKE may pass on your personal data if this is necessary to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, in legal proceedings, at the request of the competent courts or authorities or for other legal obligations, in order to protect and defend our rights or our property.
- How you can change or delete your data
Customers can change and delete their data in their user account at any time or have their data changed or deleted via email to SNOWFLAKE firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small text file that our website leaves on your computer, tablet computer or smartphone when you call up or visit our website. In this way, our website can save certain entries and settings (e.g. login, language, font size and other display preferences) permanently or for a certain period of time and you do not need to make them again each time you visit.
Most of the cookies we use are automatically deleted from your computer or mobile device at the end of the browser session
We also use temporary or permanent cookies. These remain stored on your computer or mobile device after the end of the browser session. When you visit one of our websites again, it is automatically recognized which entries and settings you prefer. Depending on the type of cookie, these temporary or permanent cookies remain stored on your computer or mobile device for between one month and ten years and are automatically deactivated after the programmed time has elapsed. They serve to make our website more user-friendly, more effective and more secure.
- What data do the cookies store?
The cookies we use do not save any personal data. The stored data of the cookies cannot be assigned to a specific person. When a cookie is activated, an identification number is assigned to it.
- How can you control cookies?
- How do we evaluate the log files?
Every time our website is accessed, usage data is transmitted by the internet browser and stored in log files, so-called log files, such as the date and time of the request, the IP address of the computer or mobile device, and the name of the website from which you accessed our website is saved. These log files cannot be assigned to a specific person and are used exclusively to ensure trouble-free operation of the website and to improve our offer.
The evaluation of the log files is only used for statistical purposes on our website and evaluated for their optimization.
- How do we use social plugins?
So-called social plugins from social networks can be used on our website: Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook. These social plugins enable you to recommend the desired website to other users via the selected social network. The recommendation buttons are provided by the social networks. When the social plug-in is activated, the data (including your IP address) are transmitted to the selected social network. SNOWFLAKE has no influence on the data that Google+, Twitter, Pinterest or Facebook collect.
Further information about the purpose and scope of data collection, the further processing and use of the data and setting options can be found in the data protection declarations of the social network providers:
- Google+: https://developers.google.com/+/web/buttons-policy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=de
- Pinterest: https://about.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy
- Facebook: https://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php
If you want to prevent your browser from sending cookies to other providers, you can block this under settings in your browser by selecting the "Block third-party cookies" function. With this setting, however, certain contents of our website may not be available either work more.
- Analysis tools and advertising
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Google Analytics cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
We have activated the IP anonymization feature on this website. Your IP address will be shortened by Google within the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transmission to the United States. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and Internet usage for the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent these cookies being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that doing so may mean you will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by cookies about your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Objection to data collection
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set to prevent your data from being collected on future visits to this site: disable Google Analytics.
Outsourced data processing
We have entered into an agreement with Google for the outsourcing of our data processing and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Google Analytics.
Demographic data collection by Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics' demographic features. This allows reports to be generated containing statements about the age, gender, and interests of site visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising from Google and third-party visitor data. This collected data cannot be attributed to any specific individual person. You can disable this feature at any time by adjusting the ads settings in your Google account or you can forbid the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described in the section "Refusal of data collection".
Wädenswil, January 5, 2017